Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rogue-Obsessed

I can't stop drinking Rogue beer for some reason this month.

My current favorite is: Rogue St. Rogue Red Ale

It's great because it is robust without being one of those hoppier-than-thou IPA's that macho beer snobs seem to be enamored with. I also seem to be able to drink this nearly endlessly without needing to switch out to something later in the night. Excellent, if pricey.

I've also been in love with the Mom Heifenweizen, great during the warm fall of the Southwest.

The Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale is really strong and nice for a good kick if you are only going to have one beer at the end of the day, but it's a little much for repeating.

Dead Guy has been a long-time favorite since my days in Milwaukee at Roman's Pub. It's sort of a basic fundamental beer snob beer and one that can comfortably sit in my fridge any day of the week.

I guess I could branch out and go back to the Belgians for a while, but I do love Rogue. There's plenty more to keep me busy for a while.

No comments: